JOIN OUR TEAM
The EnrichKids Centre is seeking an experienced Enrichment Leader for our child focused business. We are looking for someone to help create a safe, positive, & productive learning environment using a fun, hands-on approach.
Official start date: February, 2021 - Monday (1pm - 4:30 pm), Wednesday (11:30am - 5:30 pm), Friday (8:30am - 5:30pm) - Approximately 17 hours per week. Plus full-time hours on school closure days, March Break and during the Summer months.
EnrichKids is a new and completely unique space that offers school age children classes, parties, after school programs, and Summer camps. We strive to deliver mindful and meaningful programming to families in the Fredericton area and we value process over product, quality over quantity, and creativity over conformity.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The bulk of this position will involve planning, preparing and delivering programs, including but not limited to: after school centres, hands-on workshops, camps and PD Days. As well as a weekly parent accompanied preschool program.
You will also be responsible for:
- Supervising children and following provincial and internal protocols to maintain their safety and well-being
- Overseeing staff to ensure they all are working towards maintaining EnrichKids standards
- Ensuring the centre is kept clean and orderly
Must Have Qualities:
The Enrichment Leader must have superior classroom management skills. This includes taking a positive, hands-on approach to working with our EnrichKids. In addition to this, the ideal candidate will be:
- Creative and willing to collaborate
- Confident and relaxed taking a leadership role in the classroom.
- Open to, and comfortable working with all ages (3 to 12)
- Familiar with quality care standards, daycare regulations, and daily operations of a childcare facility (including cleanliness)
- Reliable (with your own transportation), and able to get to work on storm days or possibly cover a shift on short notice if necessary.
ECE qualified or equivalent experience working directly with children in a daycare or after school/camp setting is a MUST.
We pride ourselves on sharing our skills and knowledge with our EnrichKids. Please indicate on your resume & cover letter if you have any interesting skills or hobbies.
This job requires an Enrichment Leader to be on their feet for the majority of their shift, lift up to 5 kg, be outdoors in all weather, use strong cleaning agents on a regular basis, and be around higher noise levels for extended periods of time.
A valid New Brunswick drivers license, criminal record/vulnerable sector check, and first aid certificate are mandatory.
In a nutshell, we are seeking someone who is confident, positive, innovative, engaging, patient, caring and kind. Our EnrichKids are not an after thought, they are our only thought. Our team needs to reflect this mentality.
We can’t wait to hear from you, please send cover letter and resume to Christina Foster - firstname.lastname@example.org with “Enrichment Leader” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until December 6th, 2020. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.